Saturday 25 April 2020

Mailbag Make -- Bird Ballad Cards and Birdhouse

My next Mailbag Make focuses on the lovely Bird Ballad Designer Series Paper. This paper is very beautiful with it's many subtle colours and detailed images of birds, feathers and flowers. I discovered three projects online which are perfect to showcase this paper.


My first card is made from a design by Julie Davison which allows the sentiment to take centre stage, surrounded by the beautiful floral side of the DSP with a colourful bird cut from the paper.

Bird Ballad Card using Stitched Nested Labels Dies
My next card I cased from a Dutch demonstrator named Elly Rijnvis and it is the first time I have tried a double easel card.

Front of Double Easel Card
I've made a lot of easel style cards in the past but this is the first time I've tried a double easel one. I really love the way it shows off both sides of the designer series paper!

Double Easel Card
To add a little more dimension to this Mailbag Make I have included a little birdhouse I learned how to make from a video by Silke Trapani, a demonstrator in Germany. Of course it was a perfect match for the designer series paper with a fussy cut bird and some flowers to decorate the front of the birdhouse.

Mini Birdhouse with chocolate eggs inside
Have a look at my sneak peak video of this Bird Ballad Mailbag Make for more details and to find out how to order yours.


I hope you like this Mailbag Make and I'd love to see your completed creations!

#KeepCalmAndCraft #ComputerAndCraftDesigns #StampinUp #creativetherapy #StayHome #MailbagMake #BirdBallad #DoubleEasel #CurvyKeepsake 

No comments:

Post a Comment