Friday 3 April 2020

Square Mini Album -- Good for any occasion!

I CASEd this idea from Monika Weiss, a Stampin' Up! demonstrator from Austria, and created a video showing how to make this little bridal book.

It doesn't use a lot of materials -- just one piece of 12" x 12" DSP, two A4 pieces of cardstock, a couple 11 x 11 cm squares of cardboard and 50 cm of ribbon to tie it shut -- so you can put one together fairly quickly.

You can click here for Monika Weiss' instruction sheet which is written in German, however the measurements are easy to read and I explain them in my video.

There are plenty of pages to decorate in this little album, 12 in total! This gives you lots of room for photos, signatures or other memorabilia.

You can decorate the inside pages with stamped images, sentiments or die cuts, but make sure you leave enough space for photos or messages from well wishers.

The bridal book is made with one sheet of Flowering Foils Specialty Designer Series Paper and Whisper White cardstock.

For the cover I stamped the bride from Wonderful Moments in Memento Tuxedo Black Ink, coloured it with Stampin' Blends and then cut it out with the second largest rectangle from the Stitched So Sweetly dies.

I stamped the words 'For the Bride' in Versamark ink and heat embossed it with silver embossing powder before I fussy cut it out and popped it up using a dimensional.

I used lots of stamped images from Wonderful Moments, Stitched All Around, Good Morning Magnolia, Love What You Do, and Beauty Abounds to decorate the inside pages with Basic Gray ink.


For the first mini album I made, I used a piece of Animal Expedition DSP (retired) and the Animal Outing stamp set.
I made peek-through areas with some of the Animal Friends dies on a few of the pages and decorated the rest with stamped images coloured with Stampin' Blends.


This album would also be perfect for photos, a gift, an autograph book, a special birthday card or a mini scrapbook. There is no limit to what you could use it for!

#KeepCalmAndCraft #ComputerAndCraftDesigns #StampinUp #creativetherapy #StayHome #CraftHappy #ShareSunshine #trysomethingnewchallenge #Embossing #Scrapbook #DesignerSeriesPaper #MiniAlbum #BridalBook #PhotoAlbum 

2 comments:

  1. Thanks so much to add my idea to your Blog and i love your video!!! I'm sorry, i missed your post on my blog... Greetings from Austria to New Zealand - Monika Weiss

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you like it and thank you so much for the fabulous idea. I plan to make another one with a Christmas theme soon.

      Delete