Saturday 23 January 2021

2-Way Slider Card using the Snailed It Bundle

There are so many fabulous new products in the January - June 2021 Mini Catalogue that I didn't know where to start to play. Then I saw a cute video on YouTube showing how to make a 2-way sliding card with snail and mushroom images so I had to give it a try myself with the new Snail Mail Suite of products from Stampin' Up!

The internal mechanism was simple enough -- a bit of thick cardstock and a piece of plastic -- which allows two images to move from opposite directions (2-ways). However choosing where to place the scene for the front of the card took me all day!

I used the Friendly Silhouettes and Curvy Dies to create the garden/grass scene along with the Subtle Embossing Folder. I stamped the sentiment from the Quite Curvy photopolymer stamp set because I could adjust it to fit the top corner of my card.

The first card I made, I fussy cut images from the Snail Mail Designer Series Paper. I could have used the Snail Dies to cut out two of the images but I find it relaxing fussy cutting DSP in the evenings while the TV is on.

I used an image of packages to cover the pull lever and stamped the mushroom image on the inside of the card which I coloured using Stampin' Blends.


I then recreated the card for an instructional video using the Snail Dies to create mushrooms for the front of the card. 


In my video I explain how I got the different coloured mushrooms using the Snail Dies. I even used two little die cut mushrooms for the pull tab to make the snails move. 


The inside of this card used the same mushroom stamp as my first card but I stamped and die cut the image on separate cardstock before adhering it to the inside.


I used the mushrooms to hide the smaller snail behind a hillside and cover up some gaps in my Old Olive cardstock.


I used Tuxedo Black Memento Ink to stamp the sentiments and snails for this card because I coloured them with Stampin' Blends pens.


I've listed all the products I used in the description of my C & C Designs video which shows how I made my card.


I think this technique would work great on lots of designs and I'm already thinking of what 2-Way Slider Card I'll make next!

No comments:

Post a Comment