Thursday 26 March 2020

Spinner Cards -- Let your worries fly away!

Today is the first day of New Zealand's nationwide shutdown to prevent the spread of Covid-19 and I decided to make the most of my hibernation by creating videos each day. Yes, I said hibernation because I think the words isolation and lockdown sound too negative. Hibernation sounds more positive and better reflects the fact that I am going to sleep late, eat as much as I want, stay in my pyjamas all day and be a grumpy old bear if someone comes to my door!

Now is a perfect time to get my craft on by creating lots of cards and other papercrafts I have been wanting to make. Since I can't teach classes in my home at the moment I have decided to teach everyone for free via YouTube!

I had already made a Honey Bee spinner card sample for an upcoming class which has now been cancelled, so I re-created the spinner card using the Little Ladybug stamps.

The designer series paper I used on both cards is a free Sale-A-Bration item, so if you want some you'll need to place a qualifying order by March 31st.

The ladybug card uses the Flowering Foils Specialty Designer Series Paper and the bee card uses the Golden Honey Specialty Designer Series Paper.

Making a spinner card is fairly easy if you have the Layered Circle Dies. Just cut two different size circles in the middle of your cardstock and you are halfway there!

Stick a couple mini dimensionals on top of each other and attach them to a little circle (I used the 1/2" circle punch) and place it in the gap between the two die cut circles. Then attach your spinning image (ladybug or bee) to the dimensionals on the little circle.

I decorated the Whisper White front of the cards with images from the coordinating stamp sets and coloured them in -- Watercolor Pencils on the bee card and Stampin' Blends on the ladybug card. Then I popped them up on the front of the card bases using dimensionals, being careful not to impede the movement of the little spinner circle.

For the beehive I stamped it in Versamark ink and then heat embossed it with gold powder. I added some shimmer to the bee wings with a little Wink of Stella. The inside of the card was decorated simply with a sentiment and a large bee cut from the dies in Basic Black cardstock. I coloured the body of the bee with a Daffodil Delight watercolor pencil.

I decorated the inside of the ladybug card by using the four little ladybug stamp multiple times around the edge of the Whisper White cardstock before colouring them with Stampin' Write markers in Real Red and Petal Pink.
To see which colours I used on the front of the Little Ladybug spinner card, have a look at my video below.
All the products I used are listed under the video in the description. You'll also be able to see the images 'fly' by watching the video as well.

#SpinnerCard #LittleLadybug #HoneyBee #SaleABration #KeepCalmAndCraft #ComputerAndCraftDesigns #StampinUp #creativetherapy #StayHome

No comments:

Post a Comment