Saturday 25 January 2020

How to make a field of tulips with the masking technique

Masking is a great way to give depth to a card, allowing you to create the illusion of images being in the background. With the masking technique I have created a field of tulips on a card by only using a couple of flower stamps.
This technique can be used in so many different ways to create beautiful cards and images. It's a fairly simple technique in which you use a piece of sticky note paper to protect your stamped image from ink placed on top of it.

This is a standard A6 card done as a portrait orientation with the fold at the top. The base of the card is an A4 piece of Garden Green cardstock cut down the middle on the short side (21 cm side) at 10.5 cm and scored at 14.8 cm (11-3/4" x 4-1/8" scored at 5-7/8").

I used Whisper White cardstock for the front and the inside layers cut to 14.3 cm x 10 cm (5-5/8" x 4"). The other products I used are listed at the bottom of my YouTube video which you can see below.

In the video I show you how to make the blue card using the Timeless Tulip Bundle (Timeless Tulips Photopolymer Stamp Set and Tulip Builder Punch) along with tips on how to successfully mask the images. The colours I used are Seaside Spray, Garden Green and Tuxedo Black Memento ink.

I have stamped off with some of the images to create a lighter shade which looks like lavender.
I hope you like my video and cards and will give the masking technique a try for yourself!

#KeepCalmAndCraft #ComputerAndCraftDesigns #StampinUp #creativetherapy #StayHome #TimelessTulips #MaskingTechnique 

No comments:

Post a Comment