Monday 2 December 2019

How to Make a Christmas Pop-up Card

Last year I made my first pop-up card by watching several different videos online and I even taught several classes using the Animal Outings and Signs of Santa stamps and Designer Series Paper. I really love how pretty pop-up cards are and how they show off the designs. They are perfect if you have a stamp set that has too many cute images and a flat card just won't do it justice.

This year I had a customer order five pop-up Christmas cards and now that I have a YouTube Channel I decided to make an instructional video to show how they are made. I re-sized the card base to fit in a standard size envelope (A6) and so I could create a card from one piece of paper. In fact, I can get 1-1/2 card bases from one A4 sheet of cardstock, so I can make three cards from two pieces of paper.
Pop-Up Christmas Cards








Most Wonderful Time Product Medley

Several of the cards I made for my customer used retired stamps and DSP, but three are made with current products -- Truck Ride dies, Stitched Stars dies and the Most Wonderful Time Product Medley from the 2019 Holiday catalogue. 

The video shows you how to make the Christmas tree and reindeer card using supplies from the Most Wonderful Time Product Medley along with Old Olive and Whisper White cardstock and Old Olive and Golden Glitz inks.
Most Wonderful Time Christmas Pop-Up Card
I mentioned the sizes in the video and I have a Word Document I created last year with instructions in metric sizes showing the Signs of Santa bundle which is now retired. If you would like a copy of the instructions please give me your email address and I will send it to you. I would love to see the cards you make with my instructions!

#KeepCalmAndCraft #ComputerAndCraftDesigns #StampinUp #creativetherapy #StayHome #PaperCraftIdeas #ChristmasCard #PopUpCard #SoManyStars #SignsofSanta

No comments:

Post a Comment