Thursday 4 February 2021

Hey Chick and Hey Birthday Chick are such fun sets to create a Z-fold card!

The Hey Chick stamp set has returned and works perfectly with the new Hey Birthday Chick stamp set from Stampin' Up!

I kept the original Hey Chick stamp set I got during Sale-A-Bration in 2017 and I am so glad I did because now there are dies that work with that set as well as new dies for the Hey Birthday Chick set.

These dies not only cut out the chicken images from the stamp sets, they also have a lot of extra accent pieces you can cut from cardstock.

I love the fence and chicken wire as well as the adorable corn pieces which can be put together on the stalk or used separately.

There is even a little die that will cut out marks that look like chicken scratches on the ground!

I made a few cards back in 2017 with the original Hey Chick stamp set but I don't like fussy cutting so I was limited with my creativity.


I made a round spinner card using buttons on the backs of each egg so they would not slide too quickly as they moved around the middle of the card.


I also made a spinner card with one egg being tossed between two colourful chickens!

With the new dies and a bit of inspiration after seeing a Z-fold card made by Patti Bagin, I threw myself into making my own fun fold card.


Here is the front of the card when closed. The little blue bow tie and chicks are made from the dies and I think they are so cute!


This is the card fully opened with all the chickens saying Happy Birthday!


This is a close-up shot of the front of the card as it would stand on a shelf.


I added layers to my card using Crumb Cake cardstock to hold up the chickens on the interior.


I coloured all the images with Stampin' Blends to give it a vibrant look!


Everywhere you look there is something different going on. The dies for these stamps sets allow you to make any type of farm scene you want!


I really like the cute little chick die cuts to which I added some colour with my pens.


The chicken tied to a balloon was so large I had to put it at an angle to use it on this landscape card.


I especially liked using the little die to create chicken scratch on the ground and the wooden fence can be made to any length by attaching more die cut pieces.


I even decorated a large piece of white cardstock on the back of the card so I had room to write a birthday message to the recipient.

No comments:

Post a Comment